The Economic Development Department looks forward to working directly with you and your business, whether you want to launch, expand or locate in the City of Whitehall. The team provides an unmatched level of support to streamline the planning process and reduce the time it takes for your project to get off the ground. Eliminating unnecessary delays and accelerating the plan-review process are just some of the ways that the Whitehall Economic Development Department can save your business time and money.
Your business may qualify for any of the following incentive programs:
- Community Reinvestment Area Program (Property Tax Abatements): Reduces the structural property taxes on new construction or significant rehabilitation of existing structures in designated Community Reinvestment Areas.
- Income Tax Reimbursement: Businesses adding jobs and investment in the City may be eligible to receive an annual payment from payroll taxes generated from new employees.
- Direct Redevelopment Grants: In some cases, the City offers grants for infrastructure and capital needs.
Whitehall has a strong relationship with OneColumbus and the State of Ohio and its partners to match your business with access to state-level assistance in the form of tax credits and low-interest loans to help continue to lower the cost of doing business in Whitehall.
Resources for Startups
- Drive Capital
- The Ohio Capital Fund
- Ohio Venture Capital Companies
- Reservoir Venture Partners