The City of Whitehall has authorized the Reboot Whitehall: Whitehall C.A.R.E.S. Act Small Business Relief Grants to assist businesses within Whitehall in recovering from revenue losses resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Eligible businesses may apply for a one-time grant of up to $5,000 to be used for reimbursement of Eligible Expenses, as defined below. Award determination based on receipts, payroll records or other documentation indicating business loss/expenses. Documentation of eligible expenses must be submitted with grant application. Please be aware that this grant may be considered income for tax reporting purposes.
The application period begins Monday, October 26 and will continue until all grant funding has been distributed. Grants will be awarded on a rolling basis. Note that all grant funding must be dispersed in 2020, so applying as soon as possible is strongly encouraged.
- For profit companies located in the City of Whitehall (Applicant must be the business owner/operator)
- Must have 50 or fewer employees or 1099 contractors
- Must be actively in business and have positive revenue pre-pandemic
- Must have a Federal Taxpayer Identification Number
- Rent/Mortgage Payments (excludes businesses located in or operated from personal residence)
- Machinery/Equipment Payments
- Utility Expenses
- Salaries, wages, and/or compensation (if not receiving assistance from State/County/
- Federal Program)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) or expenses related to compliance with Responsible Restart Ohio to meet social distancing requirements
- Any expenses reimbursed through business interruption insurance or other federal aid received in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- New Purchases
- New Debt
Application Process and Review
The City of Whitehall Economic Development Department will accept and review applications for the Business Grant Program. Applications will be evaluated on a first come-first serve basis. In the event requests exceed available funds, priority will be given to applicants based upon the following criteria:
- Need for assistance
- Likelihood that grant funds will allow business to retain jobs in the City of Whitehall
- Overall impact of the grant on qualifying business
Applicants seeking COVID-19 Business Grant Program assistance through the City of Whitehall Economic Development Department must submit the following form and supplemental attachments for consideration. All applicable information as requested in this form must be provided, and the applicant is responsible for the accuracy of the information submitted.
Call Zach Woodruff at 614-338-3103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.